SKF four-point contact ball bearings are radial single row angular contact ball bearings with raceways that are designed to support axial loads in both directions. For a given axial load, a limited radial load can also be supported. The SKF bearings are separable, i.e. the outer ring with ball and cage assembly can be mounted separately from the two inner ring halves.
Both inner ring halves of SKF Explorer four-point contact ball bearings have a recessed shoulder. This improves oil flow when the bearing is used in combination with an SKF cylindrical roller bearing. In addition, these recesses can be used to facilitate dismounting.
More products: SKF angular contact ball bearings catalogue
SKF four-point contact ball bearing features
- Accommodates axial loads in both directions
Less axial space
These bearings take up considerably less axial space than double row bearings.
High load carrying capacity
A large number of balls are incorporated, giving the bearing its high load carrying capacity.
The split inner ring leads to easier mounting and dismounting of the bearing.
- Improved oil flow
- Limited inner ring deformation when subjected to high clamping forces
Bearings with locating slots
Four-point contact ball bearings can be supplied with two locating slots in the outer ring (designation suffix N2):
- preventing the bearing from turning
- positioned 180° apart
- SKF explorer angular contact ball bearings
- SKF angular contact ball bearing designation system
- SKF four-point contact ball bearing cages
- SKF four-point contact ball bearings designation