As a SKF bearing distributor, Nodes bearings have SKF thrust bearings in stock, including SKF single, double direction thrust bearings, and thrust ball bearings with sphered housing washers.
SKF thrust ball bearings are manufactured as single direction or double direction thrust ball bearings. They are designed to accommodate axial loads only and must not be subjected to any radial load.
SKF thrust ball bearing features
Separable and interchangeable
The separable components of SKF thrust ball bearings are interchangeable. This facilitates mounting and dismounting, as well as maintenance inspections.
Bearings with sphered housing washer(s) can accommodate initial misalignment.
Shaft washers have a ground bore to enable an interference fit. The bore of the housing washer is turned and always larger than the shaft washer bore.
SKF thrust ball bearings designs
SKF single direction thrust ball bearings
SKF single direction thrust ball bearings consist of a shaft washer, a housing washer and a ball and cage assembly, and can accommodate axial loads and locate a shaft axially, in one direction only.
SKF double direction thrust ball bearings
- consist of one shaft washer, two housing washers and two ball and cage assemblies. The housing washers and ball and cage assemblies of double direction bearings are identical to those used in single direction bearings.
- can accommodate axial loads and locate a shaft axially, in both directions
SKF thrust ball bearings with sphered housing washers
- can accommodate initial misalignment
- are available in both single and double direction designs
- can be used together with a sphered seat washer adjacent to the housing washer or adjacent to a machine component manufactured with a sphered surface
Appropriate sphered seat washers must be ordered separately (see: SKF bearing size chart). Depending on the bearing series, they have the basic designation U 2, U 3 or U 4 followed by a two-digit number, which identifies the size (e.g. sphered seat washer U 320 for bearing 53320).