SKF Explorer single row deep groove ball bearings are produced to higher precision than the ISO Normal tolerances. The dimensional accuracy corresponds to P6 tolerances, except the width tolerance, which is considerably tighter and reduced to
- 0/−60 μm for bearings with outside diameter up to 110 mm and
- 0/−100 μm for larger bearings.
The running accuracy depends on the bearingsize and corresponds to
- P5 tolerances for bearings up to 52 mm outside diameter,
- P6 tolerances for bearings above 52 mm up to 110 mm outside diameter and
- Normal tolerances for larger bearings.
For bearing arrangements where accuracy is a key operational factor some SKF single row deep groove ball bearings are also available with accuracy completely to P6 or P5 tolerance class specifications. The availability of these bearings should always be checked before ordering.
The tolerances are in accordance with ISO 492:2002 and can be found in:
- Normal tolerances for radial bearings
- P6 class tolerances for radial bearings
- P5 class tolerances for radial bearings