For vibratory applications, SKF supplies spherical roller bearings with a cylindrical or tapered bore and surface-hardened stamped steel cages (series designations 223../VA405). These bearings have the same dimensions and performance characteristics as basic design bearings, but have C4 radial internal clearance as standard.
SKF bearings for vibratory applications are also available with a PTFE coated cylindrical bore (designation suffix VA406). These bearings are manufactured to VA405 specifications, with the exception of the bore. VA406 bearings are intended for the non-locating bearing position in vibratory applications with outer ring rotation. The PTFE coating prevents fretting corrosion between the shaft and the bearing bore. Therefore, shafts do not require special heat treatments or coatings.
All SKF bearings are equipped with an annular groove and three lubrication holes in the outer ring. Depending on their size, SKF spherical roller bearings for vibratory applications are manufactured to one of following designs:
- E/VA405 spherical roller bearings have two surface-hardened stamped window-type steel cages, an inner ring without flanges and a guide ring centred on the inner ring or on the cages.
- EJA/VA405 and CCJA/W33VA405 spherical roller bearings have two surface-hardened stamped window-type steel cages, an inner ring without flanges and a guide ring centred on the outer ring raceway.
System solutions for vibrating screens
In addition to single bearings for vibrating screens, SKF has developed fault detection and bearing systems that can improve performance, reduce maintenance and monitor machine condition in vibratory equipment. For additional information about the SKF Copperhead system solution for vibrating screens, contact the SKF application engineering service.
SKF bearings for vibratory applications
- SKF spherical roller bearing clearance chart
- SKF bearings Acceleration for vibratory applications
- SKF spherical roller bearings tolerances
- SKF spherical roller bearings designation system