Nodes bearings supplies a wide range of TIMKEN thrust bearings. Thrust spherical roller bearings (type TSR) are ideal for applications where conditions include heavy loads, difficulties in establishing or maintaining housing alignment and problems with shaft deflection.
Timken designed type TSR thrust spherical roller bearings to achieve a high thrust capacity with low friction and continuous roller alignment. This bearing type is ideal for operating conditions that experience heavy loads, difficulty in establishing or maintaining housing alignment, or shaft deflection.
- Spherically contoured rollers, arranged in a steep angular position, accommodate high thrust loads and support moderate radial loads.
- Bearing geometry and manufacturing technology result in low friction of bearing.
- Internal self-alignment of bearing elements during operation compensates for shaft deflections and housing distortions caused by shock or heavy loads.
- The TSR’s inherent compensation for misalignment offers equipment designers the opportunity to use weldments for housing frames instead of complex castings, which reduces machining costs.
- When castings are preferred, bore alignment is less critical if spherical thrust bearings are specified.
- “E” styles utilize enhanced bearing geometry allowing for higher dynamic load ratings and improved lubrication characteristics.
- Blowout preventers
- Metal mill work/back-up rolls
- Pre-heater fans
- Screw conveyors