As a SKF bearing distritutor, Nodes bearing have SKF spherical roller thrust bearings in stock, including 292, 293, 294 series.
SKF spherical roller thrust bearings have specially designed raceways and asymmetrical rollers. The bearings can accommodate axial loads acting in one direction and simultaneously acting radial loads. The load is transmitted between the raceways via the rollers at an angle to the bearing axis, while the flange guides the rollers.
SKF spherical roller thrust bearing data:
- Diamension stadards: Boundary dimensions: ISO 104
- Tolerances: Normal, ISO 199 tolerances for thrust bearings
SKF Spherical roller thrust bearing features
High load carrying capacity
The large number of rollers, which have an optimum conformity with the washer raceways, enables the bearings to accommodate heavy axial and simultaneously acting radial loads.
SKF spherical roller thrust bearings are self-aligning and can accommodate misalignment.
SKF spherical roller thrust bearings are separable, making it possible to mount and dismount the housing washer separately from the shaft washer and roller and cage assembly. In addition this facilitates maintenance inspections.
High speed capability
The cage designs and the optimum conformity of the rollers with the washer raceways make the bearings suitable for relatively high speeds.
Long service life
The special roller profile reduces edge stresses at the roller/raceway contact.
The optimized roller end / flange contact keeps frictional heat at low level, even at high speeds.
Basic design of SKF Spherical roller thrust bearings
Depending on their series and size, SKF thrust roller bearings are manufactured to two basic designs. Their cage forms a non-separable unit with the shaft washer and rollers.
Bearings with no designation suffix (e.g. 29272)
are fitted with a machined brass prong-type cage as standard
E design bearings (designation suffix E)
- have larger rollers and an optimized internal design for increased load carrying capacity
are fitted with one of the following cages, depending on bearing size:
- size ≤ 68 → stamped steel window-type cage
- size ≥ 72 → machined metal prong-type cage
- Design for SKF spherical roller thrust bearings
- SKF spherical roller thrust bearings designation
- Lubrication for SKF spherical roller thrust bearings
- Mounting for SKF spherical roller thrust bearings