NSK tapered roller bearings use conical rollers guided by a back-face rib on the cone. These bearings are capable of taking high radial loads and axial loads in one direction.
In the HR series, the rollers are increased in both size and number giving it an even higher load capacity. They are generally mounted in pairs in a manner similar to single-row angular contact ball bearings. In this case, the proper internal clearance can be obtained by adjusting the axial distance between the cones or cups of the two opposed bearings. Since they are separable, the cone assemblies and cups can be mounted independently.
Depending upon the contact angle, tapered roller bearings are divided into three types; normal angle, medium angle, and steep angle.
Double-row and four-row tapered roller bearings are also available. Pressed steel cages are generally used.
NSK's Taper Roller Bearings can dramatically improve the life of your machine, through a significant increase ist dynamic load rating compared to standard deep groove ball bearings. Our advanced materials technologies & analysis make it possible to produce this metric & imperial bearings in a variety of Super Tough materials.
- Power Generation
- Power Transmission
- Quarrying and Mining
- Metric and imperial dimensions
- Patented NSK HR taper roller bearings with higher load rating
- NSK cage optimised for large taper roller bearings installed in planetary carriers
- Steel cage
- Segmented plastic cage for inner diameters of more than 1000 mm
- Outer diameters up to 2500 mm
- High radial and axial loads in one direction
- Axial loads in both directions when arranged in pairs
- Medium speeds
- Small clearance range when bearing pairs are adjusted during mounting
- Higher permissible speeds by improved raceway surface roughness