SKF KR design cam followers have a thick-walled outer ring with its running surface crowned as standard. This SKF cam followers are fitted with a needle roller and cage assembly.
SKF KR design cam followers are available based on:
- a needle roller and cage assembly
- a full complement needle roller set (V in the basic designation)
SKF cam followers based on a full complement of needle rollers accommodate higher loads than same-sized cam followers with a cage. SKF KR design cam followers have the outer ring axially guided by the pressed-on flange ring and the stud head (integral flange), forming a gap-type seal, and this are also available with an axial sliding ring on both sides (designation suffixes PPA; PPSKA; or PPXA):
- made of PA66
- forming narrow labyrinth seals with the outer ring in a radial direction, to protect against coarse contaminants
- serving as contact seals in an axial direction to retain grease reliably in the bearing
- improving lubrication conditions in the cam follower, keeping friction and frictional heat low, and extending grease life
SKF KR design cam followers, sizes 16 and 19 are without a designation suffix or with the designation suffix PPA
- have one slot in the head of the stud that enables the stud to be held in place by a screwdriver during mounting
- have a relubrication hole for a press-in grease fitting or a plug if relubrication is not required in the centre of the slot
SKF KR design cam followers, sizes 16 and 19 are with the designation suffix PPSKA
- have a hexagonal recess in the head of the studt hat enables the stud to be held in place by a hexagonal key (Allen wrench) during mounting
- have no relubrication features
KR design cam followers, designation suffix B, sizes ≥ 22 have a hexagonal recess at each end of the stud, enabling the cam follower to be held in place by a hexagonal key (Allen wrench) during mounting. This SKF bearing have a relubrication hole for a press-in grease fitting in the centre of each hexagonal recess, and can accommodate adapters from a centralized lubrication system for sizes ≥ 35.