SKF manufactures maintenance-free radial spherical plain bearings in a variety of designs and a wide range of sizes. Three sliding contact surface combinations are available:
- steel/PTFE sintered bronze, designation suffix C
- steel/PTFE fabric, designation suffix TX
- steel/PTFE FRP, designation suffix F
All three sliding contact surface combinations are self-lubricating. Bearings with a steel/PTFE sintered bronze or steel/PTFE fabric sliding contact surface combinations must not be lubricated. Bearings with a steel/PTFE FRP (fibre reinforced polymer) sliding contact surface combination are also maintenance-free, whereas occasional relubrication is beneficial to help maximize bearing service life. To facilitate relubrication, steel/PTFE FRP bearings are equipped with lubrication facilities.
The dimensions of metric maintenance-free radial spherical plain bearings are in accordance with ISO 12240-1:1998. The dimensions of inch bearings in the GEZ series are in accordance with ANSI/ABMA Std. 22.2-1988.
SKF maintenance-free-radial spherical plain bearings
- SKF radial spherical plain bearings internal clearance
- SKF radial spherical plain bearings clearance
- SKF maintenance-free spherical plain bearings tolerances